Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chicken Drumsticks Wrapped in Bacon Recipe

Chicken Drumsticks Wrapped in Bacon
I was looking over Linda's shoulder a few days ago and she was looking at a picture of grilled chicken drumsticks wrapped in bacon on Pintrest. BBQ Geek made a post on his blog about a recipe from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue cook book.

I have seen a few recipes on the web incorporating bacon with various types and kinds of chicken.  Whether thighs, breasts, wings, or drumsticks, there is a bacon recipe for all of them. Rather than using one of those recipes I decided to create my own version from scratch. So here it is...

The BBQ Guy's Chicken Drumsticks Wrapped in Bacon

Begin by preparing the spice rub.

3 Tbsp Spanish Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Granulated Onion
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp White Pepper
1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chile Pepper

  • Brush the chicken drumsticks with canola or vegetable oil.
  • Apply the spice rub to the chicken drumsticks.
  • Marinate the drumsticks in the refrigerator for 4 hours prior to grilling.
  • Barbecue the drumsticks on a medium hot grill for 60 minutes using indirect heat (300-350 degrees).
  • Brush the drumsticks with your favorite bbq sauce. I prefer Blues Hog.
  • Continue grilling for an additional 10 minutes prior to serving.

Chicken drumsticks glazed with Blues Hog Barbecue Sauce

***
Want to learn how to make money online?
Click here

7 comments:

Victor The Realtor said...

When do you put the bacon on?

The BBQ Guy said...

Hi, Wrap the bacon around the drumsticks after applying the rub and allow to marinate in the refrigerator.

Chris said...

That is something I will definitely try out, I like the technique Brian.

chicagotiffani said...

Can I do this in the oven?

The BBQ Guy said...

Yes. I think you could try this in the oven. It sounds like it would work, but I haven't tried it.

jeremy said...

I came here from sixpackabsv.com to grab the recipe and we made these for lunch (minus the spanish peprika, never seen or heard of it). I will say you can come and grill at my house any day you want lol

Huntspoint Steaks said...

When did you put the sauce on top of the chicken? Did you leave it in the sauce before you cooked it or, did you do before and after?
It looks very delicious, made me hungry in the middle of the night....

Thanks